SolidWorks 2018 Install Guide
How to install SolidWorks 2018 from WPI network to a Windows 10 personal device
- WPI username and password
- Open Command Prompt
- Press the Windows + R key together
- Type cmd
- Click Enter
- Robocopy the SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP4.0 folder onto your computer by executing the following commands:
- cd \
- mkdir Solidworks
- robocopy "\\storage.wpi.edu\software\Solidworks\SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP4.0" Solidworks /E
Note: The robocopy may take quite some time. You must connect to the VPN if off campus.
- Open the newly created Solidworks folder
- Run the StartSWInstall HTML Application
- Click Install SOLIDWORKS products now
- Follow the prompts
- The install will complete silently in the background.
- Once the installation has completed, a prompt will appear - save your work, and reboot your machine.
Print & Access Info
Content Create Date: 2018-09-27 12:57:40
Content last Modified Date: 2018-10-15 14:24:19
Access Date: 2019-08-21 05:42:07
Access URL: https://its.wpi.edu/article/id/233