Windows 10 Updates
Action required for necessary updates to Windows 10 computers
WPI ITS-managed computers running Windows 10 require an operating system update to version 1709.
- Timing: Allow up to 3 hours to complete updates; ITS suggests updating overnight.
- Scheduling option: You will be prompted to schedule the update on your computer within the five-week time frame to minimize work disruption. This includes computers that are off-campus, but connected via VPN.
- Automatic Update: Computers not updated by August 7, will automatically update at 8 PM or as soon as powered on or rejoined to the ADMIN domain.
- Store data in a networked location, or perform a backup prior to updating your computer.
- When a Software Center prompt appears, click Snooze to see prompt later. NOTE: ITS recommends scheduling for end of day or overnight, as the updates may take up to 3 hours.
- Open Software Center, choose Operating Systems, click on Schedule to set date and time for updates.
Timeline & Updates
End: 21 August 2018, 8:00 PM
8 August 2018, 1:04 PM
Windows 10 Update Timeline Extended
Windows 10 updates will continue over the next several weeks. As impacted computers are scheduled, IT will email notifications to the impacted customers.
6 August 2018, 9:40 AM
Windows 10 Driver Install
Some WPI ITS-managed computers running Windows 10 require that a driver be installed prior to the operating system update. The driver will be installed tonight at 10 PM, and the computer will reboot.
Action Required: Prior to leaving today, save your work and logout, but leave the computer powered on overnight.
Computers that are powered off will receive the driver when next powered on, then will reboot.
Start: 16 July 2018, 3:30 PM
Posted: 21 June 2018, 5:00 PM
16 July 2018
21 August 2018
21 June 2018, 5:00 PM