Mailinglist Management Transition
Mailinglist changes cannot be made during the transition
As we work to improve IT Services, the Mailinglist Management tool will be replaced with a more modern tool which offers enhanced collaboration capability. We will be migrating to Office 365 (O365) for list management and collaboration. The tool previously used for mailinglist management, www.wpi.edu/+mailinglist, will be retired on July 9, 2018.
List owners were previously notified of this change and requested to make changes by July 6.
July 9 - August 1
- Active lists will be migrated from the legacy tool to O365. Mailinglists can be used in their current state, but changes cannot be made.
- www.wpi.edu/+mailinglist will be retired.
- By August 1, mailinglist management will be available. Requests for new lists will be processed by the ITS Service Desk
July 23- August 1
- Potential for intermittent mailinglist disruption.
- Through July 23, continue to send messages via mailinglists, but do not create, update, or delete.
- By August 1, access mailinglists using Office 365 at portal.office.com.
By August 1:
- Distribution lists will be used for mailinglists with only internal (WPI) recipient addresses.
- Groups will be used for mailinglists containing external (non-WPI) recipient addresses.
End: 1 August 2018, 8:00 AM
Posted: 9 July 2018, 4:30 PM
Start: 9 July 2018, 1:00 PM
9 July 2018
1 August 2018
9 July 2018, 4:30 PM