WPI Community members who have installed WPI wireless certificates will have eduroam configured on their device. This will allow a connection to wireless networks at participating eduroam institutions without obtaining additional credentials.
While connecting via eduroam is convenient, it does not guarantee the same security as when connected to the WPI network. When working remotely, using the WPI VPN is secure.
Prior to leaving WPI:
- eduroam must be configured on your device:
- eduroam is automatically configured when connecting to WPI wireless
- eduroam is *not* automatically configured to ITS-managed computers joined to the ADMIN domain. Install the certificates by connecting to WPI wireless
- WPI username and password must be known
- WPI credentials and/or account must be active (not expired or disabled)
Note: Because you will use your WPI credentials, the participating institution you are visiting will be unable to provide support for user credential issues. Please be sure to connect to the eduroam network before you leave campus. If you encounter any difficulties, contact the Service Desk.