Office 365 Distribution Lists (also known as Distribution Groups) are generated using WPI data. These include lists of all employees, majors lists, and advising lists.
- The list name complies with the WPI Mailing List Policy
- The list name is prefixed with dl- for example: dl-voting-faculty
- Changes are performed by IT, including list creation, owner and moderator changes, and list deletion
- These lists are not visible in the Global Address List (GAL) to maintain privacy.
- Members can see Distribution Lists they belong to using O365 Outlook for the Web.
- Distribution Lists created from mailinglists that existed prior to August 2018 will receive mail sent to the new address email@example.com as well as the prior address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Existing lists may have one or more moderators.
View Distribution Lists
Distribution Lists can be viewed using O365 Outlook for the Web as follows:
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner to access the Settings menu.
- Under the app settings, choose View all Outlook settings.
- Under the Settings section, which appears on the left, choose General.
- Click Distribution groups.