- WPI account in good standing
- Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) configured
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- All web browsers are supported
- Windows 7 (SP1 or newer)
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Note:WPI owned computers which have been joined to the ADMIN domain do not need to follow this procedure. These devices can already use the "WPI-Wireless" network
- Unplug your wired Ethernet connection
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your browser and navigate to https://w.wpi.edu
- Select Setup My WPI WiFi
- Select JoinNow
- Open the SecureW2 downloaded file
- Click Next
- Login with your WPI credentials
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Reboot your machine
Please ensure that the proper device type and Operating System Version is selected
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI wireless network.
- If the native executable does not work, you may also click on the "Java Applet" or "ActiveX" links provided. If you are using Firefox or Chrome, make sure you have Java 1.7 installed for the Java Applet. Internet Explorer will use an ActiveX applet. Safari for Windows will not work with either the "Java Applet" or "ActiveX" links.
- Some non-English languages - notably Far-East languages - which have non-ASCII characters in the username have been reported to produce errors when using the XpressConnect application. In these cases, please refer to to "Connect to WPI Wireless Using Windows - Manual Setup".
- If necessary removing the "WPI-Wireless" and "eduroam" wireless profiles may be required prior to re-running this procedure. You can open a Command Prompt and run the following command:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\USERNAME>netsh wlan delete profile WPI-Wireless Profile "WPI-Wireless" is deleted from the interface "Wi-Fi" C:\Users\USERNAME>netsh wlan delete profile eduroam Profile "eduroam" is deleted from the interface "Wi-Fi"