- WPI account in good standing
- Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) configured
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- Macintosh OS X 10.5 through 10.11 are supported. While later versions are enabled, they may not be supported day one.
- Safari or Firefox is required for the automated installation process. Other browsers are not supported.
- Java 1.7 or greater is required for Macintosh OS X 10.5 or 10.6
- You will need the administrative user and password for your computer.
- Unplug your wired Ethernet connection
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your web browser to http://w.wpi.edu
- Select Setup My WPI WiFi
- Select JoinNow
- Open the SecureW2 downloaded file
- Click Next
- Login with your WPI credentials
- Continue to follow on-screen instructions
- Reboot your machine
Please ensure that the proper device type and OSX Version is selected
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network.
- In some instances, users may need to remove older WPI Profiles. To remove a profile, use the Apple menu and select "System Preferences...". From the View menu in System Preferences, select "Profiles". Select each WPI-Wireless profile and click "Remove".
Once done, rerun this procedure.