Below are usage guidelines and the process for expense report submission and approval.
Instructions for expense reports can be found in Actions.
- Expense reports are used for personal reimbursements for university-related costs and to reconcile PCard transactions.
- All employees including student workers can submit an expense report.
- Worktags determine which budgets are charged (i.e. Cost Center, Grant, Gift. etc.). The Cost Center will default to your organization’s operating budget.
- If you are charging a different budget, it is best practice to delete all 3 pieces of the operating budget from the worktags before entering the new worktags.
- Employee creates an expense report uploads pictures or PDFs of receipts and saves for later or submits the report.
- Manager approves the expense report or sends it back.
- Approvers vary depending on the source and amount. Approvers may include: Supervisor, Cost Center Manager, Accounts Payable Manager, Controller, Gift Manager, or Principal Investigator.
- Please consult with the Controller’s Office if you need to know the approval chain for transactions larger than $1,000.
- Approval Reply:
- Approved: Employee receives a notification (Bell icon).
- Sent back: Employee receives item in Workday Inbox (Mail icon).
- Report is reviewed by Accounts Payable, who processes the payments / reimbursements.