Adding a Network Printer on Mac OS
How to map a WPI network printer on a Mac OS.
- Click on the Apple menu and select the "System Preferences" option
- Double click on the "Printers and Scanners" icon
- In the "Printers and Scanners" window, click the "+" symbol in the lower left corner
- Select IP in the top-left menu, and enter the following information:
- Address: The internet address of the printer (ex: printer-1.wpi.edu)
- You must use DASHES on macos. Replace underscores _ with dashes -
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Queue: Leave blank
- Location: The physical location of the printer or unique personal identifier (optional)
- Click "Add"