- Access to Software Center
- Java must be up to date
- Steps to update Java and install Banner INB Launcher Shortcut are only required once
- Banner INB Launcher is required each time you need to access Banner INB
Banner requires the most recent version of Java.
If you do not need an older version of Java for other applications, complete these steps which both uninstall older Java and install the latest Java:
- In "Search Windows" type Software Center; click to open a Software Center window
- One or more Java icons will appear. For each, select Java Update; click Install. After installation completes, return to Applications (upper left).
If you need an older version of Java for other applications, contact the IT Service Desk.
Install Banner INB Launcher Shortcut
- Select Banner8INB; click Install. After installation completes, close Software Center.
- Banner8_INB_04 and Banner8_INB_05 shortcuts should now appear on your Desktop. Either shortcut can be used, but consider Banner8_INB_05 as the primary shortcut to access Banner INB.
Access Banner INB
- Left click the Banner8_INB_05 shortcut and select Open
- A new Window for Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services will appear asking you to enter the database name. Type in the database name, for example, type PROD and click enter to get to the Banner 8 INB Production database, or type TRNG and click enter to get to the Banner 8 INB Training database.
- A new Window for Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services will appear asking for your Logon information. Type in your WPI username and password, leave the Database name blank, as shown below. Then click Connect to launch Banner INB.
Image of the Oracle login window
If you cannot access Software Center, or you experience issues with the above instructions, please contact the It Service Desk.