After completing account reactivation steps below, please allow up to three hours for WPI systems to recognize your profile.
Reactivate prior username and set a new password.
- Open a new browser window and navigate to https://bannerweb.wpi.edu
- Login with your WPI ID number and PIN and click Login
- Click on Personal Information
- Click on Computer Account Settings
- Choose a password for your WPI account
Please see the Self Service Password Reset action to establish the self-service password reset feature for your account.
Your WPI username is established based on your first initial, middle initial and last name. For example, John A. Smith would receive the username jasmith and email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If the resulting username already exists in the system for another user, the username that will be chosen will have a number appended to it. For example, James A. Smith will receive the username jasmith2 and email email@example.com.
When returning students recreate an account in this manner, their prior username is resurrected automatically.