Account and Access Requests
New form and process for submitting account and access requests for employees and contingent workers.
As part of Enterprise Transformation, new Workday and Identity & Access Management processes impact account creation and access provisioning.
The form for Employees and Contingent workers has been revised, and the process to obtain and submit the form has changed.
View information about account and access requests and a link to the form.
The access request form for Faculty, Staff, and Contingent Worker is a separate yet similar form to the Student Workers access form.
Note: Effective immediately, the only acceptable forms to submit are found at https://its.wpi.edu and should be emailed directly to Information Technology (ITS@WPI.EDU).
- File for Employees and Contingent workers was revised and is called IT ACCESS REQUEST FORM
- File for Student Workers is called INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACCESS REQUEST FOR STUDENT WORKERS
- Policy: Based upon the Workday "Hire" status, accounts are created within 7 days of the "Hire Date".
Account and Access
- Shortly after WPI account creation, basic user information, including username, appears in the Global Address List (GAL).
- Only if the new hire has provided their personal email (i.e., social or other university) in Workday, an email communication can be generated to the alternate address with instructions to claim new WPI account credentials.
- Access provisioned to birthright* or other WPI systems is dependent upon the new hire completing the email communication instructions.
*Birthright is a WPI community member's predefined privileges (username, WPI email address) based on the Workday Job Profile type and/or Contingent Worker subtype (if applicable), i.e., Faculty, Staff, Student in Workday or Banner.
Posted: 1 February 2019, 8:23 AM
Start: 10 December 2018, 12:00 AM