Microsoft Office 365 (O365) Teams is an application which combines chat features, web conferencing, file storage, and more to create the ultimate collaboration experience.
- O365 Group - A group, mailbox, and calendar are created for communicating through email
- SharePoint Site - All files saved within the Team are stored on an easily accessible SharePoint site
- OneNote Integration - Notebooks are created for the channel to document information
- O365 Planner - Integrations with Planner allow tasks to be assigned and tracked
- Instant Messaging - Chat with individual users or groups of users
- Web Conferencing - Remotely meet and connect with users
- Screen Sharing - Share your screen with remote users during instant message or web conference sessions
Create an O365 Team
- Open Teams (Online or App)
- Select the Teams tab from the left bar
- Select "Join or create a team" from the bottom
- Select "Create a team"
- Ownership - Ability to create, modify, and delete the Team
- When the owner's WPI account is terminated, all associated Teams are also terminated. WPI recommends establishing multiple owners
- Membership - Teams can only include internal WPI email addresses
- Public Teams - Anyone within the organization can join the Team
- Private Teams - Only the owner can add or approve membership requests
- Delete - Deleting a Team removes all associated files, conversations, email, SharePoint content, etc.
- Permissions - Members can add, edit, modify, and delete content